Are you actively or passively engaged with your career?
If I am practicing active career management I am:
- Setting 30, 60 and 90 day goals to assess and track my short and long term goals.
- Engaging proactively with my network, from setting up coffee meetings to lunches to ensure I have the pulse of what my network is up to and I am building and nurturing my professional relationships.
- Updating my social media profiles, my resume and keeping up with my kudos file. Click here to find out how to keep a kudos file.
If I am practicing passive career management I am:
- Hoping people ask me to lunch or ask what is new with my career.
- Hitting “submit” for online job ads as my only strategy to finding a new job.
- Keeping my head down at my job and working hard so I will get rewarded and recognized for my hard work.
These are just a few examples of what active vs. passive career management looks like. Any of these sound familiar?
Follow Us Here:
© 2017 Traverse Career Solutions | Ellen Dunagan